Welcome to HomeFree Education!
HomeFree offers a variety of learning and engagement opportunities to fit your schedule and needs including webinars, workshops and online learning through the HomeFree Campus. Regardless of which option you choose, you will obtain the information and tools you need to accelerate the adoption of healthier materials in new construction, routine replacement and energy efficiency projects.
The courses, workshops, and webinars are designed for developers, operators, architects, contractors, innovators, material specifiers and industry leaders in the affordable housing sector, though welcome to all seeking a healthier world.
Click here to visit the HomeFree Events page to view and register for current webinars and workshops!
HomeFree Education Campus
HomeFree online courses are designed to build knowledge of, and aid in selecting healthier building products. Our courses are dynamic, with an interactive format. The self-paced and self-directed structure allows you to choose which topics to explore. Simple, science-based information supports decision makers and their teams to choose less toxic materials across your portfolios and projects.
What You Will Learn
- Why healthy materials matter for you, your residents and workforce, and the environment
- The health impact of toxic chemicals found in common building materials
- Actionable information needed to make healthier product selection for the HomeFree product categories
- Tips for integrating healthier products into your projects and your practice from fellow affordable housing providers
Current courses offered include:
- Why Materials Matter
- Selecting Healthier Paint with HomeFree
- Selecting Healthier Insulation with HomeFree
- Selecting Healthier Flooring with HomeFree
- Vetting Carpet Products with HomeFree
Getting started with HomeFree’s online learning is quick and easy. Here’s how it works.
- Fill out form below
- Look for email from Coassemble, our online platform, with the subject “You have been enrolled to study Why Materials Matter.”
- Follow link and sign up for Coassemble
- Select the HomeFree Campus
- Click on the course you want to take
- Bookmark the page for easy access in the future
You only enroll once. After that, you will automatically be enrolled in new course when they are available, and we will send you a notification to let you know. If you've already enrolled, and would like to revisit the course, you can go directly to https://homefree.coassemble.com/.